You pay a price for the things you do
Me: Do you remember hitting me on New Years?
Her: I hit you?! Why?
Me: Well, someone, not me, grabbed your butt and you turned to me and you were all pissed. You asked, “Did you grab my butt?” And I said, “No.”
Her: Did you grab my butt?
Her: Then what happened?
Me: Then I grabbed your butt. And you immediately slapped me.
Her: (pause) Was it any good?
Me: (pause) Yes. It was totally worth it.
We then both laughed. My friends are awesome. She thinks I’m in love with her, I think she’s in love with me. We’re both wrong – a good thing.
We’ll be friends for a long time.
Location: @12:25, Glitter and Doom @ 1000 Fifth Avenue
Music: Somehow, I lost my way, looking to see something in your eyes
Questions you should ask in a relationship before you get serious
My brother sent me this article from the NY Times called: Questions Couples Should Ask (Or Wish They Had) Before Marrying. Even though it’s one in the morning, I’m going to answer the first five. I’ll answer the rest in another post.
1) Have we discussed whether or not to have children, and if the answer is yes, who is going to be the primary care giver?
- I need to have kids. Three ideally.
- I would like to stay home and take care of the kids because:
- I make enough money working from home to survive, nay flourish (ok, survive) for seven years in Manhattan
- I’m constantly cooking and am willing to mash anything for them
- I’m a big kid myself
2) Do we have a clear idea of each other’s financial obligations and goals, and do our ideas about spending and saving mesh?
- I’m a firm believer in fiscal responsibility (see 1, above).
- I rarely cab, and walk whenever possible
- While I love to cook, I do like to go out about two times a week. I’m much more local restaurant than five-star, hot-place-of-the-week.
3) Have we discussed our expectations for how the household will be maintained, and are we in agreement on who will manage the chores?
- I’m messy but oddly germ-a-phobic.
- No shoes in the house.
- No dirty clothes on the bed
- We would swap chores weekly
- I can’t stand dirty dishes in the sink.
4) Have we fully disclosed our health histories, both physical and mental?
- Clearly, I’m a bit nuts. I put my entire life on my blog that no one reads (but you – hey, thanx!)
- I’m an insomniac and have been for at least two decades. It means I get moody and irritable and may lash out (never physically but I do yell). Please ignore and take a walk or encourage me to. It’ll all work out.
- I have been depressed before – actually, if you’ve been reading this blog, you know all this.
5) Is my partner affectionate to the degree that I expect?
- Ah, look at the time! Gotta run – sorry…
Location: @12:05, on the A Train at Broadway-Lafayette
Music: Aus der Uhr tropfen Sekunden weit und breit kein