If only we could just pay the bill and go home
You ever kinda just space out while walking or driving and just magically end up on your doorstep? Hold that thought.
There’s this great line from The Fisher King where the lead, who’s destroyed a buncha people’s lives, wails out, “If there were some way I could just pay the fine and go home.”
S’never that easy. Did you ever complete that sentence, The purpose of life is?
My answer I actually told you once a while ago, except, I didn’t tell you. It was my dating philosophy: Leave people better off having met you. Note that I never said “women.”
Did it to try and help the world out; turns out it helped me out.
Thought I’d take this time to tell you some things, because I still get the occasional email asking.
- The PCD is doing very well; we chat every so often. She’s one of my people, even though we never see each other. She’s also Beatrix from an old entry and you can read up on her love life here.
- And the HEI is doing well too; she’s packed up and gone to see about a boy and a life out west. She drops me a line here and there.
- Caligirl got married and that’s a story in itself.
- Elle’s finding her way through the big city and finding herself along the way.
- The Italian Lawyer, GES, the writer, human resources girl, and others I run into from time-to-time.
- It was the SX’s birthday recently but she’s MIA. She, like most of them’ve left my Venn Diagram. Suppose that’s probably for the best.
Finally, there’s Heartgirl. She’s asked that I not write about her so I don’t but I think it’d be amiss if I didn’t. Because I’ve set her apart.
Spent the last hour trying to figure out how to tell you about her. I’ve decided that she’s my receipt.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still hustling for scratch, several items on my body are broken and/or bruised. Lotsa fail.
But I think she’s my cashed check from Life saying, OK, you did some horrible, _____ things in your life. And I still promise you nuthin but pain. But all of that stuff you did? For that, we’re square. You’ve paid your fine…and you can go home.
It’s been almost exactly three years – August 17, 2006 – since I left who I was to figure out who I wanted to be; three years since my feet were pointed home.
Tonight, while talking to her, looked up to realize that I was almost there.
Was thinking that this was gonna be my last entry. Was gonna put down: Gone Fish’n and be off.
But this blog helped me find my way. So even if there’s only one person that still reads me, wanna say “Thanks” for taking the time. (Mom, if it’s you, “rum” is what kids call “apple juice”).
Gonna take next week off while I try and figure out a few things and spend some time with Heartgirl. But I’ll be back Sept 1st round midnight, like always.
See you then, yeah?
YASYCTAI: Come back September 1st. (a week/1 pt)