Don’t want to comment on all the tragedy; there’s enough. So, here’s four happy/stupid:
- Instead of a birthday cake, I had a low-fat, low-carb ice cream sandwich. It was great good not so bad.
- CindyE sang me Happy Birthday, in-aeternum sent me an amazing gift, in_a_silver_bag sent me a picture of soup, and so many of you guys left me comments – I can’t even tell you how that made my day. Plus people remembered that I didn’t think would and people forgot that I didn’t think would. All good. Finally, katsmw digitaldewi, and frieseurfrau, all mentioned me in their journals. Cool.
- At least 15 people left me voicemail per my request.
- I could use some more (especially male) for the project I’m considering. Could you give me a ring? Don’t leave your name if you don’t wanna.
- I appreciate all your kind thoughts but here’s my favorite greeting from the past week or so:
Him: Hey, I wanted to wish you a happy b-day. By the way, I’ve got some good dirt.
Me: Sweet, hit me.
Him: Remember when I told you that I ran into your ex out here?
Him: We totally hooked up. I mean full-on.
Me: (pause) How is that good again?
Him: I meant for me.
Him: Why’s everything about you? Oh, there’s my ride, I’m out. Happy Birthday!
I’ve decided that hope is good.
Thanks for the hope.
Location: on my birthday, in the UWS, swinging sticks around
Music: built my life around you but time makes you bolder Even children get older
The average American only has two friends
Went to yet another funeral last week. I’m going to far too many for my age. Or maybe it’s just right. I don’t know.
My friend said, afterward, “It makes you think who’ll show up to your, you know, your…thing.”
I wonder who will.
You know, a recent survey says that the average American has only two close friends. I’ve got a few because I know I need them.
I hope you have more than two – life is hard enough as it is.
Plus it would just be sad if no one showed up.
Not that…oh, you know what I mean…
Location: -5 minutes in kitchen, waiting for coffee
Music: Heads we will, Tails we’ll try again
You pay a price for the things you do
Me: Do you remember hitting me on New Years?
Her: I hit you?! Why?
Me: Well, someone, not me, grabbed your butt and you turned to me and you were all pissed. You asked, “Did you grab my butt?” And I said, “No.”
Her: Did you grab my butt?
Her: Then what happened?
Me: Then I grabbed your butt. And you immediately slapped me.
Her: (pause) Was it any good?
Me: (pause) Yes. It was totally worth it.
We then both laughed. My friends are awesome. She thinks I’m in love with her, I think she’s in love with me. We’re both wrong – a good thing.
We’ll be friends for a long time.
Location: @12:25, Glitter and Doom @ 1000 Fifth Avenue
Music: Somehow, I lost my way, looking to see something in your eyes
The Sweetest Words in the English Language
I humbly submit that the poets are wrong when they say that the sweetest words are, “I love you.”
The way we use it these days (“I love that place;” “I love that show;” etc) cheapens it a lot.
December 2006 has been a horrid month for several friends of mine – some suffered the worst shock one can get, others had lesser shocks that still brought them to their knees. Five days ago, I got a call from a girl I only met once who said that she found out her boyfriend cheated on her. I got the call only because I was close by but I’m ok with that.
Four days ago, I got a call from a very close friend of mine who told me his mother passed away.
The time from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day is usually the best time of year for me. The best time. It’s so sad.
When my breakup happened, I called my brother, my sister and my friend Tommy.
- My brother lives 1286.44 miles away but he caught the first flight here.
- My sister is nearer and caught the next train.
- Johnny, who had just returned from four months in China that morning, arrived at my place first.
I’m surprisingly toungue-tied at times where people’s hearts eat them up from the inside out. I think I’m at my best when I keep it simple and say what my brother, sister and Tommy said in one way or another:
I’m on my way.
Now I submit that those words…those words will make a grown man cry.
Location: @7:20 on Rt. 3, going home – like old times
Music: Baby’s got blue skies up ahead but in this I’m a rain cloud
Tequila is not your friend; rum is your friend
It started going downhill when Mikey bought a round.
- Post a pic and edit this entry tomorrow.
- Rum is your friend.
- Tequila is not your friend.
- Buy a new hat.
- Tequila is not your friend.
I feel terrible.
However, I did manage to find my hat. Also made another related post and an unrelated post.
Location: at home, drinking lots of water
Music: The devil is alive I feel him breathin’